Qualified Teacher for Vision Impairment (QTVI) 1.0 FTE
Outer London Main/Upper pay scale
£29,915 - £45,766 pa pro rata
Plus SEN 2 (depending on qualifications and experience)
About Whitefield Academy Trust
Whitefield Academy Trust, located in Waltham Forest, comprises of Joseph Clarke School; for children with a vision impairment and /or additional needs and Whitefield School; for pupils with complex needs including autism, learning difficulties and sensory and physical impairments.
Working across the Trust, we harness the specialist expertise of all our teams in order to deliver an outstanding school experience which combines high standards of teaching and learning with excellent pastoral care.
The Vision Impairment Outreach Service is part of the Whitefield Academy Trust, which runs Whitefield Schools and Joseph Clarke School.
The Service is based in the Academy’s Research and Development Centre and has strong links with Joseph Clarke School – a centre of expertise in London South East England for teaching pupils who are vision impaired and/or have complex needs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher with experience of working with children and young people with a vision impairment. Candidates should hold the QTVI qualification to join our multidisciplinary outreach service. You’ll be part of a friendly, expert team which works with mainstream schools in local boroughs to ensure that their pupils with vision impairment receive the very best education.
As an outreach teacher you will
- travel to mainstream schools, to offer tailored advice and support for staff working with vision-impaired students
- help provide whole school training and individual staff training covering best practice and the latest ideas and guidance.
- work with students with vision impairment including those learning or using Braille
- support parents and carers
- work in partnership with other agencies
Why join Whitefield Academy Trust?
Just as we seek to give our pupils an outstanding school experience, we want every member of our team to find being part of Whitefield Academy Trust a rewarding and enjoyable experience. Whatever their role, we are committed to supporting each team member and giving them every opportunity to progress their careers within our Trust.
As such, every member of our team benefits from our:
- Exceptional Continuous Professional Development programme;
- Strong focus on staff welfare and wellbeing;
- Engagement forums which allow all team members the chance to be heard on matters relating to the running of the Trust and our schools;
- Excellent employment package including Training and Development, interest free loans for bicycle purchase, childcare voucher scheme, generous Local Government and Teacher Pension Scheme and an Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and counselling.
Find out more
For an informal conversation about the role please make an appointment with Alex Stainton Outreach Services Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 7th February 2022
interview date: TBC
Whitefield Academy Trust is uncompromising in its commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
The Trust is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit, ensuring best practice in our recruitment process is essential to our commitment.