Are you a current or aspiring Youth Worker who wants to make a difference to the lives of Children and Young People in Rutland? Do you have experience of working with Young People 11-19 years old? Do you thrive from supporting and empowering young people to realise their goals to achieve and fulfil their potential? Do you want to be part of a supportive team and make a difference to our Rutland Young People? Our Young People’s Services Team is an integral part of Rutland’s Early Help offer which provides a range of services and activities to help improve the life chances of children, young people, and their families. If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above-mentioned questions, then we would love to hear from you!
Who you are…
- Level 3 qualified in Youth Work, Education, Health or Social Care
- Experienced in developing voluntary trusting relationships with Young People and challenging behaviour
- Experienced in group work and one to one delivery
- Experienced in tracking, recording and measuring impact
- Good knowledge of informal education and learning opportunities
- Able to work independently and as part of a supportive team of professionals
- An understanding of contextual safeguarding
About the role…
As a Youth Engagement Worker, you will be supporting young people aged between 11-19 on both a one to one and group work basis. The role involves working with groups of young people in a variety of settings to deliver the youth work offer, as well as offering one to one mentoring support for individual young people. Knowledge and experience of engaging and encouraging young people to participate in positive activities is an advantage. You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills with both young people and adults and the ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service. Evening and weekend work is required.
Duties also include:
- To undertake the direct delivery of quality youth work including clubs, participation projects such as the Rutland Youth Council, workshops and one to one interventions.
- To build appropriate relationships with young people to enable them to meet their potential
- To ensure the voice of young people is central to the service design and delivery.
- To work in partnership with other agencies and organisations to deliver a comprehensive package of youth support.
As a Youth Engagement Worker, you will be required to work flexibly, when Young People need support. A full UK driving licence is required to travel around the county.
The successful applicant for the Youth Engagement Worker post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The costs for the DBS are paid by us.
The Youth Engagement Worker interviews will be held on 1st February 2022.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Find out more:
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Steph Logue, Young People’s Services Lead Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org 07500 051016
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758428 or email us at email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply for this role click on the ‘Apply Online’ button below. If you already have a JGP account you will be asked to login, or alternatively if you don’t have an account you will be guided through the set up process.
Access to an account is necessary as all updates regarding your application will be sent via the JGP site to the email you have registered.
Once you have access to your JGP account you will be able to complete the application form in stages, saving and amending it until you are happy to the submit your completed application. You should use the Personal Statement section to demonstrate how you meet the requirements set out in the role profile attached.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org