Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are looking for Senior Family Engagement Officers to provide the day-to-day front of house management and administration functions for our children's centres. The successful applicant will engage with families at the point of entry to the service and build and maintain positive working relationships with service users, both at the centre and in the community.
The successful applicant will be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with Maths and English.
You will have demonstrable experience of working effectively as part of a team in a busy, multi-agency environment. Excellent ICT skills are also essential you will also need the ability to be the 'superuser' of the children's database, supporting the wider staff group to make best use of the resource.
An ability to build positive relationships with children and families is essential. To be able to meet deadlines, have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills, written and verbal are also a necessity.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.