Job Title: HR Assistant (P1684)
Salary: £22,809 up to £25,117 inclusive annual salary + up to 18.5% employer pension contribution
Contract: Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Post: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Location: Flexible working options
Annual Leave: 25.5 days per year plus public bank holidays
Closing date for applications: 19 January 2022
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for 27 January 2022
St Albans is a unique English Cathedral City with a colourful history which can be seen in the Roman remains and variety of beautiful architecture, heritage sites and conservation areas. Set within green belt, off the M25, A1M and M1 the District includes a cathedral, historic city centre and charming villages. Our refurbished offices are in the city centre near to the station (London St Pancras 20 minutes), shops and restaurants. In short it is a great place to live and work.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our HR team working in a front-line role. If you are looking for a new challenge in your HR career and would like to work within a busy environment and a generalist HR role, this would be ideal for you.
We are currently recruiting a generalist HR Assistant with an additional focus on Learning and Development.
Working closely with our Senior HR Business Partner, you will provide effective, efficient and customer focussed HR support by responding to the needs of services areas, on all activities related to the employee lifecycle and organisational development. In addition, you will be required to provide focused support on Learning & Development (including the apprenticeship scheme) and Health & Well-Being.
This is a varied and fast-paced role which will provide you with a great opportunity to develop your HR knowledge and expertise. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Generalist HR tasks in respect of administering the employee lifecycle (e.g. recruitment, probation, progression, resignation, contracts, variations etc) generating standard letters and documentation as required.
- Note-taking for formal meetings
- Ensuring that HR systems are kept up to date and maintained appropriately
- Dealing with enquiries from varied sources, providing initial and general advice on policy and procedure and resolving routine matters
- Assisting with recruitment and selection activities including selection testing, assessment centres, staff induction, probation, as well as the exit and leaver process.
- Supporting the delivery of our Learning and Development offer to provide a wide range of development solutions to support employees at all levels; including coordination, communication, administration, and evaluation.
The successful candidate will have A levels or equivalent with an awareness of employment legislation. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web based systems is essential along with excellent administration skills and an ability to prioritise work. Excellent communication and customer service skills, along with a keen interest in working in a busy HR generalist role are also essential.
In addition to working within a great team and a comprehensive salary you will have access to:
- 5 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Up to 18.5% employer contributions (Local Government Pension Scheme)
- Flexible working options (e.g. hybrid working between office / home and flexitime)
- Training and career development opportunities
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- Travel discount and welfare support
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Check.
For an informal discussion, please contact Rosa Radelat, Snr HR Business Partner on (01727 819321).