Job Title: Payroll and HR Assistant (P1682)
Salary: £22,809 up to £25,117 inclusive annual salary + up to 18.5% employer pension contribution
Post: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Location: Flexible working options
Annual Leave: 25.5 days per year plus public bank holidays
Closing date for applications: 19 January 2022
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for 31 January 2022
St Albans is a unique English Cathedral City with a colourful history which can be seen in the Roman remains and variety of beautiful architecture, heritage sites and conservation areas. Set within green belt, off the M25, A1M and M1 the District includes a cathedral, historic city centre and charming villages. Our refurbished offices are in the city centre near to the station (London St Pancras 20 minutes), shops and restaurants. In short it is a great place to live and work.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our HR team working in a front-line role. If you are looking to gain experience of working within a busy team environment this role would be ideal for you. We are looking for a highly skilled payroll administrator with experience of working in a busy customer focussed role.
Working closely with our Senior HR Business Partner you will provide effective, efficient and customer focussed payroll support and general HR administration. You will be based within the HR team and be responsible for the accurate processing of monthly payroll data on a timely basis, liaising with Finance and our managed payroll provider as required.
As the central point of contact for all pay related activities you will ensure that salaries, expenses and deductions are processed efficiently. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Processing payroll information, using both our iTrent payroll system and the HR system, by cut-off each month to enable the monthly payrolls to be run to deadlines
- Undertaking validation and upload of time and expenses data to ensure the correct payment of monthly claims
- Responding to employee pay and reward related queries that come in via Salesforce platform, email, and phone calls, working closely with other HR team members
- Working with colleagues and our payroll provider to resolve issues
- Ensuring that Payroll/HR systems are kept up to date and maintained appropriately
- Generalist HR tasks in respect of administering the employee lifecycle (e.g. recruitment, probation, progression, resignation, contracts, variations etc) generating standard letters and documentation as required.
Previous experience of working on payroll systems (ideally iTrent) and familiarity with HR administration within a busy environment are key for this post. You must be a team player who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and can easily adapt to changing workloads. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is critical to success in this role. Excellent communication and customer service skills, along with a keen interest in working in a busy Payroll/HR role are also essential.
In addition to working within a great team and a comprehensive salary you will have access to:
- 5 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Up to 18.5% employer contributions (Local Government Pension Scheme)
- Flexible working options (e.g. hybrid working between office / home and flexitime)
- Training and career development opportunities
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- Travel discount and welfare support
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Check.
For an informal discussion, please contact Lakshmi Raghavachari, Snr HR Business Partner on (01727 819335 or Rosa Radelat on 01727 819321).