Join Concordia Multi Academy Trust as an administrator supporting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) and providing Clerking services to our Trustee and Local Governing Boards
To provide administration support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) and to deliver a professional clerking service to Local Governing and Trustee boards. This includes the effective administration of board meetings to ensure a high-quality provision for all Academies and the Trust.
The Administrator should carry out their duties in line with the seven principles of public life (Nolan principles).
- To provide general clerical support for the CEO and COO including word processing, printing, filing and collation of information
- To support in diary management and setting of meetings
- To prepare and type minutes of meetings attended Monitoring Trust email accounts and responding to relevant queries
- Responding to telephone queries Updating Concordia MAT website
- Building a calendar of time sensitive activities and supporting their delivery Creating and maintaining contact lists and organisational charts
- Perform such other tasks as may be determined from time to time.
- Develop and maintain administrative systems to provide effective and efficient support
- To provide administration support to other members of the Trust as required from time to time.
- Manage content on our website
- Support in the writing, maintenance and distribution of policies Clerking
- To act as the official channel of communication to and from the board and to enable the board to function smoothly and efficiently.
- To provide administrative support, constitutional, legislative and procedural guidance to Headteachers, Governors and Trustees on governance matters.
- To provide agendas and provide agenda setting advice To prepare and type the minutes of meetings attended.
- To provide the administration to support the functioning of the board around membership and changes to the instrument of governance.
- To maintain records and manage information pertaining to the board.
- To send new governors induction materials and ensure they have access to appropriate documents including the code of practice.
- Contribute to the induction of governors and Trustees taking on new roles, including the chair, chair of committee or vice-chair.
- To prepare or contribute to briefing papers for the board as necessary.
- To support the board self-evaluation
- To conduct skills audits and advise on training requirements and the criteria for appointing new governors and Trustees relevant to vacancies
- To support governors and Trustees to meet the requirements of Ofsted and governance standards and have an awareness of local, national, political and local agendas.
- To keep abreast of the major changes that are occurring across education and provide information and practical support to help guide a board through the changes.
- Provide independent and objective advice and guidance in line with best practice.
We are looking for someone who has experience providing administration support, ideally to senior members of staff, and is willing to learn about our Trust and train to become an effective and professional Clerk. You should have at least three years work experience in an administration role and bring excellent organisational, timekeeping and ICT skills. We use Microsoft 365 and expect the candidate to be skilled in Office 365 applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams, if you know SharePoint and OneDrive that’s a bonus. The role will offer lots of varied responsibilities so you should be comfortable with every day being different and as a result we need you to be a quick learner. These traits are crucial as we are looking for someone who can join us and make an initial positive impact.