Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time and Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 5.85 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term until July 2023 in the first instance.
Closing date: Midday on Monday 17 January 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ratton School, Park Avenue, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 2XR
Phone: 01323 504011
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join Ratton School in a role dedicated to helping students thrive and achieve. The successful applicant will support the Alternative Provision Co-ordinator (APC) in maximising the achievement and progress of students identified as at risk of repeated fixed term exclusions.
We offer an incentive package which includes:
• A comprehensive induction programme for new staff to the academy.
• On-going investment into your career development through appropriate CPD.
• Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and other experienced leaders.
• Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
• Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing.
• A fabulous staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee.
• Complimentary breakfast of tea and toast.
• Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
• On-site parking.
• Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Brown, Deputy Head, at email@example.com or 01323 504011 ext.245.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.