Hours of work: 19.5 per week
Working pattern: Part-time
(As the position is part-time, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 07 February 2022
Visits to the school are very welcome and encouraged. For an informal chat and to arrange a visit please contact the school office on 01825 723377.
Please send your completed application form to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Newick CE Primary School require a temporary teacher to join our friendly and supportive team to cover a period of maternity leave of up to one year.
What we can offer:
- A fantastic learning environment, grounds and facilities
- A well-resourced and creative environment
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils
- Excellent training opportunities
- A supportive team
What we are looking for:
A teacher who:
- Is able to work using their own initiative and manage their own workload
- Is committed to raising standards for all children and the school environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to pupils’ development and pastoral care.
- Works well as part of a team and contributes positively to the school’s aims.
- Has high aspirations for themselves and the school environment.This is a fixed term contract, covering our year four class from 16th May 2022 for up to a year. This is a part time role, working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for 19.5 hours a week.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.