Be supported to own and take action. Our journey, our place, your opportunity.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Bracknell Community Mental Health Team for Adults.
We care about the wellbeing of our residents. And our dedicated Mental Health Team helps us to protect some of our most vulnerable residents. We work with health colleagues to assess, plan, implement and evaluate treatment to help people live as independently and fully as possible.
Our Assistant Community Services Manager will assist the Community Services Manager for Adults CMHT, in ensuring that appropriate arrangements are in place to enable staff in the team to fulfil their roles and responsibilities to maximise effectiveness with the allocated resources.
Make your future about shaping tomorrow. Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
Based at the offices of the CMHT, you will work as part of a joint team, funded by both Health and Social Care. This will require you to manage multiple demands on your time and expertise.
As an Assistant Community Services Manager, you will be expected to provide guidance and advice across the whole team and participate in Safeguarding and Operational Management rotas, as well as deputising for the Service Manager across Health and Social Care activities.
You will also carry a small caseload of complex and challenging clients.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To assist the Service Manager with agreed delegated responsibilities, in order to contribute to the provision of a community mental health service for adults.
- To provide professional supervision and guidance to staff as well as recruitment, training, appraisal and where appropriate performance management.
- To carry a limited caseload of complex needs for adults with mental health needs.
- To ensure that arrangements for support are cost-effective before they are submitted for approval and that staff understand their responsibilities in relation to financial management.
- To take responsibility for safeguarding investigations and in addition to act as the decision maker.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Regular Clinical Supervision, ongoing team support and development opportunities.
- Regular working hours: Mon – Fri 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
What we're looking for...
You will need to be an HCPC registered social worker or AMHP with a professional social work qualification, or equivalent, and proven post qualifying experience. You will need to have direct management experience within adult’s social services where you can demonstrate strong and successful leadership and implement service improvements.
Interviews will be held 4th February 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Kendra Ainley, Interim Community Services Manager - CMHT Adults
Tel. 01344 823333
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.