Salary: £23,530 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Monday 24 January 2022
Interview date: TBC
How to apply: Candidates should apply via the vacancy page for this role on our website -https://www.ymcadlg.org/opportunity/project-worker-hastings-2/
About the role
Do you have a flair for supporting and inspiring young people to achieve their goals? Do you enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment, have a sense of humour and the drive and determination to develop and deliver an outstanding service? If so, we want to hear from you.
YMCA DownsLink Group have opened a brand-new 47 bedded supported accommodation service in Hastings for young people between the ages of 16 and 25. We are looking for a Project Worker to work alongside our existing team.
- Deliver and use Psychologically Informed Environment practices, Trauma-Informed Approaches and Restorative Practice.
- Enable residents to articulate and achieve their ambitions and aspirations.
- Support residents to acquire the skills they need to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
- Identify, map and encourage the growth of each residents’ assets, strengths and talents.
This is challenging yet rewarding work that helps the young people we support to belong, contribute, and thrive: https://www.ymcadlg.org/our-impact/ymca-stories/
You will report to the Projects manager and provide detailed records, progression routes and innovative ideas to encourage and empower young people to move forward positively, and to learn and achieve the independent skills they need to live positive and fulfilling lives.
- Specific knowledge and experience of working with young people leaving care is an advantage.
- Enhanced DBS will be required.
Expected working pattern: 12 noon until 8pm, with half hour unpaid lunch break or a rolling rota, to cover 7 days. i.e., Monday to Wednesday; Thursday & Friday off, Saturday & Sunday to work.
- 27 days’ annual leave per annum pro rata, plus bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Employer contribution pension
- Life Assurance policy (2x your annual salary)
- Health & Wellbeing cash plan
- Exclusive discounts on a broad range of brands
- Employee Assistance programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- As an organisation, we are committed to the continued professional development of all colleagues, providing an extensive programme of formal learning opportunities and supported by an organisational wide culture of learning.
- Focus on well-being and flexible working patterns as far as your role permits
- As part of our commitment to being a Trauma-Informed Organisation, all frontline staff have access to regular group Reflective Practice Supervision and for therapeutic roles, we offer clinical supervision.
Please download a job pack for more information about other benefits offered.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.