Our team has a high profile at the heart of the organisation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative Assistant Communications officer to help articulate our forward-thinking Council’s corporate priorities across all of our channels, delivering on our new communications strategy through first class campaigns.
The Communications Team is central to transforming our relationships with our communities, reaching a diverse range of audiences, positively changing behaviour and ensuring our residents, visitors and businesses are aware of the services and opportunities available to them.
We work in a fast paced and challenging environment, working closely with internal and external stakeholders and partners locally and at county level.
About the role:
The role presents a fantastic opportunity to join our Communications Team, part of the new Strategy and Communications Team created to meet the needs of a changing and ambitious Council. Joining us now means you can help shape the way we work internally as a communications team and with our services, and externally with residents, businesses, partners and stakeholders.
You will be a highly motivated, creative all-rounder with a confident can-do approach. Your excellent people skills and ability to work with all stakeholders internally and externally will mean you’ll thrive being part of a high profile and visible team.
You will be a natural team-player who is supportive, flexible and resourceful and wants to gain more experience and develop their career. You will have used a variety of communications and marketing channels from social media to web to email to deliver on a range of projects and campaigns.
You will be expected to perform at level 1 accountability as explained in the job profile attached.
Delivering clear and effective communications to the borough and within the organisation using a variety of channels. Engaging customers and gaining customer insight, helping the Council use this to shape aims, projects and services. Providing an effective marketing function to all council services and provide support to the commercialisation of services and the promotion of the borough.
Please see attached role profiles for more details on the role.
Skill and experience required:
- Experience of busy Communications, PR, Marketing and Engagement environment
- Demonstrable experience in producing and using variety of media including video
- Own key professional and technical stakeholder relationships on behalf of the Council relevant to day-to-day delivery of activities or projects
- Working knowledge of legislation and developments
- Strong IT and digital skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience in PR, Marketing and Communications in a local authority not essential but an advantage
The benefits include:
- flexible working options including home working
- Local Government pension scheme and childcare voucher schemes
- a supportive Employee Assistance Programme
A valid UK driving licence valid and use of own transport during working hours in order to attend meetings is required.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Emma McBriarty, Policy Manager (Communications and Digital), firstname.lastname@example.org