Providing services and improving outcomes in the following areas; parking, sustainable transport, transport planning, traffic management and road safety, highways and coastal management and public transport, city centre management.
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference. Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect how you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
What is the role?
Working in the Parking Enforcement Team and reporting to a Senior Civil Enforcement Officer, you will be responsible for the processing and arranging of parking suspensions; arranging quotations and answering customer queries on suspensions through all types of communication channels, for example face to face, email and telephone.
This role is mainly office based, though some on street activities are required to effectively meet the needs of the role. Your main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring prompt and efficient processing of all requests for suspensions
- Issuing of suspensions in accordance with agreed eligibility criteria and within the legal framework for parking suspensions and TTROs
- Assessing locations and arranging quotations for suspensions
- Arranging the placement and collection of signage and temporary street furniture for locations
- Liaise with residents and businesses of Portsmouth over the telephone and email with regard to suspension enquiries
- Liaise with individual staff and departments relating to the arranging of suspensions for departments/projects carrying out the business of the City Council
- Liaising with event organisers to arrange and advise on appropriate suspensions
- Dealing with customer enquiries, including providing information and advice on suspension matters for both residents and businesses
- On street duties including meeting with customers to discuss enquiries and provide advice and the physical making, placement and removal of signage
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the computerised suspension and quotation database, to ensure the correct details are recorded
- Arranging invoicing and taking payments
- Promoting the efficiency and effectiveness of the Parking Service at all times
- Ensure compliance with and promote the Council’s Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety Policies at all times
- Driving of a service vehicle as required
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Director of Regeneration or their representative in accordance with the designation and grading level of the post.
Who is the person?
You will be/have:
- Relevant experience in a similar admin role, working in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications and good general IT skills
- An eye for detail is essential for this post
- A customer focused approach to work
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to undergo training as necessary and show the ability to learn quickly
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build good relationships and have a positive influence on colleagues
- Ability to work in and encourage a culture of improvement and co-operation among team members
- Ability to work and manage under pressure and meet deadlines as appropriate
- A driving licence