The starting salary for this role is £27,991 per annum for working 36 hours per week.
Remote working is supported where possible, including home working and occasional working from other offices and sites across the County.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to deliver excellent customer service in Local Highways?
The Highways Operations & Infrastructure Group in the Highways and Transport Service provide excellent customer service in order to meet the demands of over 80,000 customer queries per year and are responsible for ensuring the effective management, maintenance and improvement of all highway assets.
As a Customer Service Officer, you will respond to a high volume and wide range of complex enquiries regarding issues on our highways. This includes responding to formal complaints and Freedom of Information requests which requires the ability to investigate, collate and prepare responses. Contacts with customers are mainly written with occasional calls that have been escalated from our contact centre. You will also be supporting the wider teams in highways with their enquiries ensuring timescales are met.
We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic and proactive as well as being a motivated team player who is dedicated to providing excellent customer service. You must be customer focused and have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to deal with conflicting priorities in challenging situations and to tight deadlines.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage customer expectations
- Experience in dealing with complex customer enquiries and responding to complaints
- High level administrative/organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan own workload in the context of conflicting priorities to meet tight deadlines and work on own initiative
- A methodical approach to information gathering, recording and reporting
- Customer focused and confident in dealing with and building a rapport with a wide selection of customers, both internal and external, and striving for Customer Service Excellence
- A positive, self-motivated, tenacious person with a can do attitude and a desire to learn and continuously improve
- Good IT skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Skilled at both independent and team working
- Ability to learn quickly and hit the ground running in a busy environment.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Sunday 16th January 2022.
A date for interviews is to be confirmed.
For more information on this position please feel free to contact Sharon Pilling on 01483 518982 or via email at Sharon.Pilling@surreycc.gov.uk or Rebecca Frost on 01372 832639 or via email at Rebecca.Frost@surreycc.gov.uk.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.