Harlow Council currently manages capital investment, repairs, and maintenance and compliance services for nearly 10,000 homes, 2,400 leasehold properties and a number of light industrial, shops, offices, community buildings and leisure facilities.
As part of the success we have invested over £100 million in our assets to provide better homes and more modern commercial premises for our residents and lessees. Its journey of transformation in the past few years has been remarkable.
As a Clerk of Works you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist in the production of position statements on relevant technical guidance
- Develop, maintain and contribute to the improved culture of planned and preventative maintenance, including the gathering of SCS data.
- Carry out site inspections of building related works, and ensure strictest standards of quality, safety, timeliness and satisfaction.
- Evaluate site and trade specific method statements and risk assessments, productivity schedules and levels of resources allocated to the projects and programmes.
- Assist the role of Project Manager in overseeing and monitoring contractor’s performance.
- Observation and enter into dialogue with contractors, and communicate the same to resident liaison representatives.
You’ll have experience in the oversight of quality, safety, timeliness and satisfaction of projects and programmes of improvements, and monitoring the performance of contractors and their subcontractors, that deliver positive and meaningful changes to the quality and standard of our domestic and non-domestic property assets, with a good understanding of Safety, Health and Environmental (CDM15) requirements.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Bob Purton, Operations Manager, on 01279 446995. Please note Harlow Council offices will be closed from 24 December and will reopen on 4 January 2022
How to Apply
Please visit our website for details on how to apply and to download an application form.