Harlow Council looks after nearly 10,000 homes and 2,400 leasehold properties. Its journey of transformation in the past few years has been remarkable.
As part of the successful ongoing investment and commitment to improving our homes for tenants and leaseholders Harlow Council’s Housing Property Service department has a vacancy for a Technical Support Officer.
This is a full-time position working with a relatively small team based at the Latton Bush Centre.
As a Technical Support Officer you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring capital and revenue budgets
- Dealing with complaints and providing a written/oral response as required
- Undertaking general administration e.g. minute taking, preparing reports, supporting technical staff
- Undertaking performance analysis
- Dealing with tenants/leaseholders on a daily basis
- Support the department in responsibilities relating to compliance
Applicants should have a back ground in housing administration and providing technical support to Housing surveyors and compliance teams. Understand the relationship between capital and revenue budgets within a repairs and capital investment environment. Knowledge of Health and Safety relating to technical issues within housing repairs. You must have achieved a good level of numeracy and literacy.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Kelly Clegg, Contracts and Compliance Officer, 01279 446783. Please note the Civic Centre offices will be closed from 24 December 2021 to 4 January 2022