Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are recruiting knowledgeable, creative and professional Senior Nursery and Nursery Practitioners to work in our day nurseries based in Uxbridge, Hayes and South Ruislip.
Please note - there are five posts being advertised at three different salary bands.
Nursery Practitioner Scale 3 - £22185 - £22587 per annum
Nursery Practitioner Scale 4 - £22995 - £24258 per annum
Senior Nursery Practitioner Scale 6 - £27978 - £28992 per annum
Senior Practitioners will leading learning across the nursery, embedding the Early Years curriculum to ensure children receive excellent learning opportunities.
Nursery practitioners act as a key carer for children aged 6 months to five years in a stimulating learning environment, you be will be expected to plan and deliver activities that encourage children to learn and develop through play.
Building relationships and supporting parents will also be an important part of your role. You will review and record their child's development and progress, share this information with parents and encourage parental involvement in the children's learning.
To be successful in this role, you will be a committed, knowledgeable childcare practitioner with an excellent understanding of early childhood development.
You will hold a recognised childcare qualification at level 3 and above and will have experience of planning and carrying out care, play and learning programmes for young children.
Experience of working with children and families from diverse backgrounds, with varying needs and abilities, would also be beneficial.
Above all else, you must demonstrate a passion for working with young children and their families and be committed to child development and safeguarding.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.