Rutland County Council are seeking MiCare Support Workers to provide Reablement services for people with disabilities and those who are frail and recovering from illness or injury. The MiCare Support Workers will focus on helping people restore their optimum level of independent functioning and provide a safety net homecare service. We are looking for colleagues who want to make a difference and who are kind, patient and hardworking with fantastic people skills and the motivation to provide a high-quality service.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2 in Social Care, or equivalent
- Have experience of providing personal care and support in either a paid or voluntary capacity
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to record observations relevantly and accurately
- Able to work effectively on own as well as part of a team.
About the role…
- Providing support to adults to develop and maintain activities of daily living
- Supporting service users in a structured way to undertake a range of social care tasks such as washing, dressing/undressing, showering and bathing, meal preparation, domestic activities and engaging in community activities
- Using supportive and motivational approaches to help service users identify and achieve their goals
- Undertaking a range of delegated health care tasks as required such as prompt prescribed medication, supporting the application of prescribed creams, eye and ear drops, catheter care and prompting exercise as prescribed by the physiotherapist.
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The costs for the DBS are paid by us.
The MiCare Support Worker position has been identified as needing to comply with the mandatory vaccinations legislation. If you are the successful candidate, you will need to have your 1st vaccination by 03 February 2022 and be double vaccinated by 01 April 2022. Please note, that you will be required to provide evidence that you have received both first and second dose vaccinations or evidence of medical exemption.
MiCare Support Worker interviews will be held in February 2022. Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Rutland County Council encourages a healthy work life balance, and we welcome discussions regarding flexible working.
Find out more:
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758428 or email us at email@example.com.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will be sent out via email from the Jobs Go Public site. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
How to Apply
Click on the apply button which will redirect you to the Jobs Go Public (JGP site) where we handle all of our vacancies. If you already have a JGP account you will be asked to login, or alternatively if you don’t have an account you will be guided through the set up process. Access to an account is necessary as all updates regarding your application will be sent via the JGP site to the email you have registered.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org