Advanced Social Work Practitioner in the Leaving Care Team
Permanent, full time (36 hours)
Salary MM1: £38,946 - £49,818
Enfield Leaving Care Service is very pleased to offer the opportunity to join the Team as Advanced Social Work Practitioner on a full-time permanent basis.
We would like to encourage any Social Worker to apply who would like to acquire management experience and develop further in their professional career.
This is a specialist Team that supports young people, LAC and Care Leavers, from the age of 16 to prepare them for leaving care and live independently and successfully. This can be challenging but also a very rewarding experience.
As an Advanced Social Work Practitioner, you will have your own case load as well as being responsible for the supervision of one Personal Advisor and/or as any other unqualified members of staff (i.e. Social Work students) depending on the needs of the Service.
The post holder will ensure we provide young people a service of high quality that supports them in achieving their aspirations and securing the best possible outcomes for their futures.
In addition, you will be part of a diverse and dynamic Team committed to service development within a supportive and cooperative teamwork environment.
The successful candidate will be passionate about working with young people and will have experience in Leaving Care and/or other relevant settings such as immigration, homelessness, youth work, adults, residential work or looked after children to name a few.
The Leaving Care Service is busy, supportive and committed to continuous improvement.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Enfield’s Social Care Centre of Excellence confirms our commitment to creating and maintaining an environment for new and existing staff to be the best and deliver high quality social work to our most vulnerable children and young people. It brings our recruitment, professional development and support into the one portal for social care staff to see what we have to offer and how we are supporting them to continue to learn and develop on a professional basis. For more information please visit https://new.enfield.gov.uk/centreofexcellence/about-us/
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Sunday 30th January 2022
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Deniz Akin on 0208 148 4898 or Deniz.Akin@enfield.gov.uk
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Melissa Halls on 0208 132 2473 or email@example.com or Luis Herrero on 0208 132 2411 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.