We are seeking a highly motivated staff member to join our fast paced and high performing Street Cleansing team within Neighbourhood Services, performing a vital function as a Driver based at Smithies Lane Depot.
The key duties associated with this role will include the following: -
· Undertaking operational duties outdoors in all weathers which will involve a range of physically and mentally demanding tasks.
· Be polite, friendly, and approachable ensuring compliance with BMBC customer care policies.
· Driving a council vehicle without trailers and use of powered, mechanical and hand tools to complete varied workloads.
· Compliance to relevant legislative and health and safety requirements.
· Working to agreed schedules and workloads to ensure service priorities are met.
· Supporting partner services and departments to assist with delivering different social and cultural events where necessary.
· Working to support the service as requested by management.
(This list is not exhaustive.)
This role will involve working Monday to Thursday from 07:00 to 15:00 and Friday 07:00 to 14:30.
The role will primarily be based at Smithies Lane Depot this could be subject to change depending on service requirements. You will report directly to a Team Leader and will be expected to carry out allocated work in accordance with the respective job profile to a high standard of safety and quality.
You will have experience of working in all weather conditions and will be able to undertake duties, often under pressure to meet targets and deadlines while also always remaining effective and efficient.
You must hold a valid UK driving licence.