Would you like to help to shape the future of the Elmbridge? Do you have a keen interest and knowledge of preparing a Local Plan? Are you organised and motivated and looking for the next challenge? Are you looking for flexible working arrangements?
Our Local Plan Team is working hard to enable Elmbridge to grow and thrive in a sustainable way. We want to make our area a great place to live, work and visit and be known as somewhere that leads by high example.
To help us achieve this ambition, we are looking for an experienced Senior / Principal Planning Officer to join our busy Local Plans Team. The role is varied and exciting and you will play a key role as we finalise our draft Local Plan and evidence base. Alongside the Local Plan Manager and highly dedicated team, you will play a pivotal role in the final consultation on the Plan and its submission for examination.
If you are a logical and innovative thinker, who is a great team player and has excellent attention to detail, we would really like to hear from you.
An appointment will be made at either Senior or Principal Planning Officer level depending on applicants’ skills and experience. The above post is 36 hours per week, but more flexible working arrangements or reduced hours will be considered for the right candidate. We would welcome applicants from both the private and public sectors with relevant experience and appropriate qualifications.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
Learning and development:
- We know that Continued Professional Development is important, and we will support you with this.
- You will meet people in the team who have worked in the public and private sector, have several years’ experience across a number of fields, and have taken on other professional qualifications
- And we really mean it! We know you must juggle work and life commitments and we will discuss the right mix for you, whether its part-time, compressed hours or working from home.
- When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses. There is also free employee parking.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
Here are some reading options to help you with your decision making:
What are you waiting for?
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Sarah our Local Plan Manager a call on 01372 474827.
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.