Wyre Council are looking to take on ambitious and driven individuals who want to widen their skillset from both an academic and educational standpoint.
We will fully fund you to complete the Chartered Manager BA Honours Degree (Starting September 2022) accredited by Lancaster University, a top 10 ranking University awarded by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021. During your time with us, you’ll work with other apprentices throughout the business to share learning experiences and develop your skill set.
As one of our Corporate Apprentices you’ll be given the opportunity to gain experience of the different functions of the council developing a well-rounded understanding of how we operate. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced officers to assist on key projects and you’ll get to experience first-hand how organisations plan and deliver business objectives.
Opportunities may include but are not limited to working in Finance, Engineering, Operations, Environmental Health, Planning, Public Realm and Governance.
The apprenticeship will be for a period of three years and during this time, you’ll have the opportunity to secure permanent employment with the council.
The successful candidates will need to have;
· A minimum of 3 A Levels at Grade C or equivalent (or predicted)
· Good communication skills
· A desire to learn and progress
· Have experience using software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
· A general understanding of local government and how it operates
In return we can offer you;
· The opportunity to earn up to £18,562
· Fully funded BA Honours Degree accredited by Lancaster University
· Flexible working hours including the opportunity of Hybrid working
· Free Parking
· Discounted Gym Membership
· Training and development opportunities
· Local Government Pension Scheme
· A friendly and supportive working environment
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, we’d love to hear from you.
How to Apply
A career in local government can be very rewarding, offering a variety of roles and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Wyre Council offers this development through many of its career paths.
To apply for one of our vacancies, click on ‘apply online’ to begin your application