Wokingham has a clear ambition that services should be locally focused and responsive to the needs of residents and business. As part of this we are bringing licensing and environmental health services back in house from 1 April 2022.
We are seeking to recruit a Licensing Processing Officer to join an established team. Reporting to the Licensing Service Manager, you will be pivotal in delivering a quality service.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
- Process and validate applications for licences, registrations, permits and other approvals or notification regimes
- Processing of consultation documentation, document redaction and public registers
- Compile reports for Licensing Panels and other Committees
- Represent the Council at hearings and meetings, courteously and professionally liaising with customers, traders and businesses
- Respond to enquiries from members of the public and local businesses, keeping records of all interactions,
- Conduct document quality assurance checks and accurate data entry.
- Resolve as many queries as possible at first point of contact, providing additional support if required and signposting customers to relevant information
- Undertake data analysis and documentation reviews to determine performance, assess potential trends, non-compliance or under-performance.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:-
- A proven track record of achievement in customer satisfaction
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills
- The ability to listen, extract and assess important information
- Customer centric focus, striving to continually improve the customer experience
- Strong IT skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Team working and a can-do attitude, with successful delivery of what is promised
- Knowledge and experience of local authority licensing processes, highly desirable
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be part of a team in our new Enforcement & Safety Service. For an informal discussion contact Ed Shaylor on 07871 735927.
Closing date for applications: 11pm, Sunday 16 January 2022
Interviews scheduled to take place: 24 – 31 January 2022
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.