Wokingham has a clear ambition that services should be locally focused and responsive to the needs of residents and business. As part of this we are setting up a new environmental health and licensing service from 1 April 2022 and creating a new 7-day a week service addressing anti-social behaviour.
We are seeking to recruit Customer Delivery Officers to respond to enquiries from members of the public and local businesses, keeping records of all interactions and undertaking data entry. We want every interaction with residents and other customers to be the very best experience we can make it. Our aim is to resolve as many queries as possible at first point of contact, providing additional support if required and signposting customers to relevant information.
Administrative duties include creating and distributing online records, documents and files; processing orders and invoices; arranging meetings with residents and customers to name a few.
Reporting to the Licensing Service Manager, the successful candidate will be pivotal in delivering a quality customer experience and be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record of achievement in customer satisfaction;
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills;
- The ability to listen, extract and assess important information;
- Strong IT skills and attention to detail;
- Being a driven team worker, who delivers on what is promised and strives for continuous improvements.
- Knowledge and experience of local authority work and/or environmental health and licensing is desirable, but not essential.
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be part of our new Enforcement & Safety Service. For an informal discussion contact Ed Shaylor on 07871 735927.
Closing date for applications: 11pm, Sunday 16 January 2022
Interviews scheduled to take place: 24 – 31 January 2022
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.