Post Title: PMO Analyst
Post Grade: PO1
Service: Digital Services / Strategic Portfolio & Project Management
Reports to: Portfolio Manager of Strategic Portfolio & Project Management
Overview: This is a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing Team, in an ambitious Council that is always striving to move forward. Our Digital Services Team are changing in the way we deliver our service and are reflecting the new ways of working with the use of Digital, Data and Technology.
We are looking for an innovative and experienced PMO Analyst who has a toolbox of tools and techniques that will make a difference. Be prepared to and able to provide support to the team through a period of development and change, managing and ensuring adherence to the PMO processes that underpin the slick and efficient operation of the end to end delivery of the Digital Services Portfolio assuring the best service for our customers, residents and businesses.
The PMO Analyst will report to the PMO Manager of Strategic Portfolio & Projects within Digital Services and is responsible for the adherence of PMO processes, systems/tools and ensuring governance is being adhered to. In addition, the PMO analyst with the project managers develop and produce status reports and support the PMO manager in creating reports to the governing boards on the performance of the portfolio.
With exciting times ahead, we are reshaping the Digital Services Team and have created roles, to add value and to provide the best Service to our citizens.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Provide an effective support function to enable the smooth running of programme and project delivery and reporting, including organising meetings and events such as workshops, training sessions, etc.
- Identify and monitor, track and report dependencies across the portfolio, ensuring that projects and outcomes are achieved in a well-planned manner and delivered in an orderly and timely way
- Co-ordinate a comprehensive communications strategy with stakeholders and partners during the project delivery process.
- Create and collate project documentation from the project management team.
- Support continuous improvement for the PMO and embed change in the operation of programme and project managers.
- Identify and escalate any budget risks as well as constructively challenging and act with pace where there are performance shortfalls.
- To analyse data and project information to identify better ways to do business as well as new business opportunities. This information is provided to senior management to guide their decision-making.
- Monitor existing projects to ensure timely execution & completion. Follow project development and track that each stage is completed appropriately and within time and budget.
About you: we are passionate about placing our customer at the heart of everything we do, and our residents deserve exceptional customer experience from the Council. We would like you to hold that principle, be bold and enthusiastic. You will be someone who has a good understanding of change in a complex organisation, and has excellent communication skills.
Find out why it’s great to work for Enfield Council… click here
Our culture: We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Sunday 16th January 2022
Interview date: TBC
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Sohail Ali on 0204 528 9972 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.