Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are recruiting accomplished Social Workers qualified as Best Interest Assessors, who are looking to develop their career in an innovative local authority, committed to realising potential.
You will join our Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) Team within Adult Social Care, ensuring that residents deprived of their liberty are adequately safeguarded.
What will joining Hillingdon mean for me?
We understand the need to nurture and support staff, that's why you will receive an excellent induction process when you join us, on the job support, access to a wide range of training and development as well as experienced managers who will support your work and career.
There are many ways to develop both personally and professionally with a clear pathway for progression which may include leadership development programmes. You will be given every encouragement to reach your potential. We recognise talented individuals and that's why many of our managers within Social Care who started in lower level positions have progressed to senior management roles.
You will be a qualified Best Interest Assessor with experience of working with Older Adults and/or People with Disabilities.
You will be innovative and creative with a willingness to explore new models of working to improve the outcomes for our service users. Moreover, you will be a highly motivated individual who is able to build strong relationships to deliver the best possible outcomes for vulnerable people.
For an informal conversation regarding this position please contact Hannah Cole (DOLS Team Manager) on: 07544159038
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses