Team: Professional Standards Team.
Role: Advanced Practitioner
Duties: As an Advanced Practitioner your role will include the following:
- Working within the Standards of conduct, performance, and ethics.
- Ensuring compliance with legal, organisational, and multi-agency requirements.
- Take a lead role in ensuring that all operational social work practice involving safeguarding, adult protection and high-level risk is of the highest possible standard and in accordance with relevant legislation and agreed policy, procedures and guidance.
Specific work with reference to the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and the requirements of the Supervisory Body, in addition to the above you will be required to undertake the following:
- Review the reports of the Best Interests and Mental Health Assessors.
- Scrutinise reports and check for evidence that the six legal assessment criteria are met
- Seek clarification from assessors where evidence is lacking or unclear
- Complete the Form 5 providing justification for the authorisation
- Where the recommended authorisation is not supported by evidence, advise DoLS office of refusal and grounds for refusal.
This post is subject to Enhanced Level DBS check.
Contact for any questions or information:
- Wendy Stevens
- 07460 652894
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s
policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council's Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.