This is an exciting opportunity to join the Strategic Commissioning team at Bracknell Forest Council to help deliver the local health and social care integration agenda.
The Senior Commissioner will lead on key integration projects and strategic commissioning work supporting the Strategic Commissioning Manager and the wider Strategic Commissioning team.
You will be joining us at an exciting time as we progress with the next phase of our transformation and seek to build on new partnerships forged during the pandemic.
We are looking for candidates who will work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the council, with health partners and community organisations. You will have robust experience of commissioning and managing change within a health and / or social care environment and will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of applying different commissioning approaches to deliver sustained improvements. We are looking for skilled communicators with effective problem-solving skills, who excel at working in a fast-paced environment and making things happen.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Get vulnerable people back on their feet more quickly? You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today and to create a better tomorrow.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
Bracknell Forest Council is a brilliant organisation to work for. You can enjoy meaningful work, with friendly colleagues, who all share the same values and are working towards the same goal. We're an organisation that knows where we're going, and we have a clear plan on how to get there. We are focused and forward-thinking, ensuring we always innovate, plan ahead and deliver exactly what is needed.
Are you the sort of person who can pull together all available resources, collaborate with team members and adapt and overcome obstacles? You will fit right in at Bracknell Forest Council.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
Reporting to the Strategic Commissioning Manager the Senior Commissioner will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all aspects of the commissioning cycle are implemented in a consistent, safe and efficient way to support excellent outcomes for our residents and outstanding value for money.
- Ensuring a complex portfolio of contracts deliver according to specification and respond proactively to under-performance.
- Delivering commissioning reviews, change management and development projects, working closely with key stakeholders in health and social care
- Providing advice and support to managers, and colleagues throughout the council and partner organisations, forming strong relationships and working in partnership in relation to commissioning and strategic development of service areas.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Opportunities for development on exciting projects.
- An inclusive and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
A driven professional with expertise and experience in health and or social care commissioning and strategic partnership working in relation to Integration.
As a values-driven organisation we will be recruiting an individual able to demonstrate the values and behaviours required to become a valued and effective member of the team.
Interviews will be held on - tbc
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Julia McDonald, Strategic Commissioning Manager (Integration)
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.