This is a permanent full time role but with possibility for part time working.
Are you a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a challenging role. If the answer is “yes” then we’d love to hear from you and to help start your career within a busy and fast paced environment.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Accurately assess and process Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support claims in accordance with current legislation.
- Obtaining and verifying information from customers or other agencies for the correct assessment of claims.
- Reviewing claims to ensure accurate entitlement and fraud prevention.
- Responding to enquires and providing benefit advice verbally and in writing.
- Arranging repayment of overpaid benefit, by resolving queries, and raising invoices
- Work effectively with other specialist teams across the council.
- Opportunity to expand into other areas within the case work team.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- A proactive approach, with strong administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people.
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail.
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- IT skills are essential, knowledge of Civica would be beneficial.
- A working knowledge of the benefits system.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative.
What’s in it for you?
With some 700 employees, we are a diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities, offer well established flexible working arrangements including the ability to vary your start and finish times where the business allows. We also offer many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount off a range of well known high street shops and supermarkets. This role attracts a salary of £22,031 - £24,329 per annum and an annual leave entitlement of 22 days plus bank holidays.
Please note salary offers are usually made at the lower spinal point, allowing for progression.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Ursula Clarke on 01483 444958.