Are you a highly skilled, enthusiastic planning professional looking for a new challenge? Or perhaps you want to take the next step in your career?
We’ve got a great opportunity for someone to play a key role in our Planning Enforcement team, in a role which is:
- Interesting and extremely rewarding.
- Perfectly suited for someone who likes to work on their own initiative, managing their own varied and interesting caseload, with no two days the same.
- Made for someone who thrives on interesting planning challenges.
- Designed to help you develop your skills and experience and progress your career.
- Ideal for someone who likes to work flexibly, with a lively, dynamic, friendly and supportive team of planning professionals.
- Perfect for someone who is creative, enthusiastic and dynamic.
About the role
It’s a great time to be joining our planning team. We’re transforming our planning service, to tackle the unique planning challenges we face in our district. The successful applicant will play a key role in this transformation, working alongside our team of planning professionals, helping deliver our planning enforcement, a key aspect of our planning service.
You’ll be responsible for investigating alleged breaches of planning control, which will require negotiating with applicants and preparing written reports and recommendations, ensuring complaints of unauthorised development are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
You’ll also need to prepare proofs of evidence and legal notices, where needed and you’ll work closely with colleagues across the council to bring your investigations to a successful outcome.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience working in planning enforcement.
- Are a well organised, highly motivated, flexible team player, with excellent communication skills, used to working in a fast-paced environment, managing competing priorities.
- Have an eye for detail, with good report writing skills and the ability to understand and summarise complex information.
- Can think innovatively and creatively, while exercising judgement in finding solutions.
- Are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, with a track record of building working relationships with key stakeholders and other colleagues.
This is a permanent, full-time post and the appointment is at grade M2 (£35,571 - £40,402). Applicants must demonstrate they meet the criteria of the role at M2 level as described in the Role Specification.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you want to be part of our dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Cliff Thurlow on 01883 732906 or e-mail email@example.com.
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit our job pages using the apply online button below.