It has never been a more exciting time to work for Birmingham Children’s Fostering Agency, as we are on an integral journey to implement significant improvements for our Children, Foster carers as well as our workforce. We have recently been rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in terms of our agency and outcomes for our Children and Young People.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic Senior Practitioner to join the fostering agency as a panel advisor who will contribute to our whole service journey to outstanding by providing the safest and best outcomes for our Children and Young people.
Are you an experienced Social Worker looking for an opportunity to share your valuable and relevant practice-based experience, knowledge and further develop your expertise in Fostering? If so, we have an opportunity to support your fostering career development through the key role of the Fostering Panel Advisor.
We are seeking to appoint a Fostering Panel Advisor, with experience of placing children and/or assessing foster carer, mainstream and/or connected services.
Birmingham Children’s Trust provides 4 Fostering panels a month, for which there are 2 Panel advisor posts.
- You will have a good working understanding of relevant care planning and fostering legislation and be able to confidently advise the Fostering Panel on relevant statutory requirements, regulations and national minimum standards.
- You will be committed to the development of consistent good practice within fostering assessments, reviews of Foster Carers, Post Allegation Reviews and Continued Suitability to Foster Reviews, and be able to quality assure documents being presented to fostering panels, to ensure they meet the required standards.
- You will be required to contribute to the statutory reporting for panel and fostering agency and work with the fostering agency and panel to implement practice improvements identified within the agency, along with the Trust’s and Ofsted’s wider plans and strategy.
- You will be expected to work closely with Team Managers responsible for the recruitment and retention of carers, the Annual Reviewing Officer’s (ARO) responsible for the reviews of carers, Children’s Social Workers and the Fostering Panel Chair and Fostering Panel Members.
- You will be required to train and provide regular practice updates and learning for our central list panel members and staff.
- You must be social work qualified and registered with Social work England
- Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 9th Dec 21 – from 12pm onwards
Our offer to you…
If you are 3yrs post qualified, you will receive a recruitment incentive payment of £3,000 (terms and conditions apply)
You will also receive a retention payment of £2,400, paid quarterly in your pay package for your duration in front-door service
27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, rising to 32 days post 5 years service, rising 35 days post 10years service
To find out more about the Trust please visit our website birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk
To find out more about our other financial offer and amazing rewards and benefits click HERE
To find out more about Birmingham as a place to live click HERE
Contact the team for further info and informal chat:
Michelle Gardiner, Team Manager email@example.com - 07766924550
Or Kathy Scott Team Manager via Kathy.M.Scott@birminghamchildrenstrust.co.uk
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form