The starting hourly rate for this position is £11.69.
Only candidates who are fully vaccinated prior to their start date or medically exempt from vaccinations can work within our care homes. This is a legal requirement set out in the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
Langdown House is a 24 hour Residential Home Supporting up to 28 Adults with Learning Disabilities, we have four, seven bedroom homes located in quiet cul-de-sac in West Molesey.
You don’t need any formal qualifications to apply for the Residential Support Worker position; you simply need to have the right qualities:
- Understanding of the sensitivity to the needs of people with learning disabilities
- A willingness to encourage and support people with learning disabilities to access activities and facilities in the community
- Respect for the cultures and beliefs of the people we support
- The resilience and emotional intelligence to handle challenging situations. Every day is different and can throw up its own challenges and pressures. You need to be adaptable but able to follow guidelines with a consistent, person centred approach
- A flexible attitude, both to the level of care required by the people we support as well as the time requirements of the role
As a Residential Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with and supporting Adults with learning difficulties to create positive outcomes and promote independence
- Direct practical interactions with service users; including cooking, personal care and engaging with the wider community
- Organising the shift, communicating with colleagues to plan and coordinate activities
- Engagement in planning, implementation and delivery of care plans
- Working in partnership with other agencies
- Report writing and attending/contributing to reviews as required
- Ensuring all your training requirements are met and recorded accurately
Our residential homes for Adults with learning difficulties are inspected on a regular basis and we are very proud of the quality of our residential services for Adults within Surrey. As a result, we have invested in our homes and staff and plan to continue this, in order to achieve a service that is ambitious, innovative and responsive to the needs of service users within our care.
You will receive Full Induction Training (including mandatory training), as well as the opportunity to undertake further Personal Skills Training under regular staff supervision. You will complete the Care Certificate within 12 weeks of the start of your employment and there are opportunities for further study are available.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 28th February 2022.
This is an open advert so applications will be reviewed regularly and you will be notified of the outcome by email or telephone.
Please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Please call Bibi Jaufaraully (Team Manager) on 07790826110 or Dawn Lambert (Assistant Team Manager) on 07772922316.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and supporting statement which clearly evidences the following:
- Aspirations to “make a difference”
- A committed, positive and flexible attitude
- An ability to demonstrate an understanding of some of the issues facing vulnerable adults
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.