Social Work Team Manager
Salary: MM2, £48,078 - £61,947
Permanent, Full time (36 hours)
In Enfield we offer a high quality and innovative service to the children of Enfield. Currently, we have a vacancies for three experienced, high caliber team managers. You will join a group of committed and enthusiastic team managers and advanced practitioners.
OFSTED described Enfield social work teams as highly motivated with manageable caseloads, allowing time for workers to get to know children and protect them effectively. Managers and staff are passionate about improving outcomes for children and young people. Continued investment in high quality training and support to staff has resulted in good workforce retention.
- We’re looking for enthusiastic and highly skilled practitioners to join our social work teams.
- Your primary role will be to manage a team of up to 6 social workers with the help of an advanced social work practitioner. The role will need you to develop meaningful and purposeful social work practice and to continue Enfield’s journey from the OFSTED ‘good’ to outstanding.
- Your role will also include contributing to developing practice within the team and providing mentoring to colleagues in the wider Assessment and Intervention Service
- As team manager you will need to be a qualified Social Worker, practicing at level three or equivalent, with significant post qualifying experience (5 years +) in a statutory Children’s Service setting.
- You will need to have skills and experience in assessing and effectively managing high risk and complex cases. You will also need good skills in analysis and report writing and be able to meet tight timescales.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Enfield’s Social Care Centre of Excellence confirms our commitment to creating and maintaining an environment for new and existing staff to be the best and deliver high quality social work to our most vulnerable children and young people. It brings our recruitment, professional development and support into the one portal for social care staff to see what we have to offer and how we are supporting them to continue to learn and develop on a professional basis. For more information please visit https://new.enfield.gov.uk/centreofexcellence/about-us/
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Wednesday 19th January 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 31st January 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon on 0208 132 1044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Linda Read on 0208 132 2380 or Florah Shiringo on 0208 132 2156 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.