Senior Transport Planner/Project Manager
Grade 9 (£38,890- £43,857)
This is a superb opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated professional to join our dynamic Highways and Transportation Service and be a vital part of the My Journey Team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for suitably experienced transport planner/project manager who will be expected to provide specialist input in day-to-day activities, manage our consultants and oversee the activities of the My Journey Team.
You will provide professional advice on a variety of matters relating to Transport Planning, particularly, behavioural change activities, the development of public transport across the borough whilst also providing input in the development of the Local Transport Plan and Low Carbon transport options.
- Managing the My Journey team workload and programme of activities on soft measures.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of bus services, including producing relevant marketing and publicity and responding to residents’ queries.
- To work closely with public transport providers to meet social need and help to reduce the borough’s carbon footprint by helping to develop and then consult on public transport options for the borough.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of the Local Transport Plan and identifying an annual programme of improvements
- Producing briefs and managing the output and performance of Wokingham Borough Council’s Highways Partnership consultant.
- Procuring and monitoring contracts for a range of transport related goods and services, including public transport services and active travel initiatives.
- To respond to written and oral requests from Members or the general public about highway issues arising from development proposals.
To be successful in the role, you’ll need to be well-versed in climate change matters, congestion, air quality and health and well-being. It will be your responsibility to confidently respond to enquiries regarding these issues. You’ll also need a good working knowledge of and experience in active travel, bus and rail matters along with being able to successfully bid for scheme funding.
This is a senior role within the team, so you’ll be expected to hit the ground running when you start. As well as relevant transport planning experience, we’ll expect you to have a relevant degree and membership of the CIHT is desirable.
Wokingham is situated in the heart of the thriving Thames Valley and is consistently voted both the healthiest place to live and one of the best places to live in the UK. This is an exciting time to join as the council is delivering substantial infrastructure projects and new housing as well as town centre regeneration.
Wokingham Borough Council offers a range of employee benefits including generous annual leave, flexible working opportunities and an excellent pension. We’re committed to making you feel empowered in your work, whether that’s through approachable and engaged management, or extra training to enhance your expertise. This is combined with great development opportunities, meaning you’ll feel supported and encouraged at every stage of your career.
Ours is a high support, high challenge work environment, where people can fulfil their full potential.
- Closing date: 11pm, 16 January 2022
- Interview date: w/b 24 January 2022
- For an informal discussion, please contact: Rob Curtis, Transport Planning Team Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer