Job title: Commercial Development Officer
Area: Commercial Team
Salary: SO2 - £32,418 - £34,209
Are you an enthusiastic and energetic individual with a passion for growing the commercial value of an organisation? This is an exciting opportunity within the Commercial Services Team focused on increasing the level of income achieved through the trade of commercially viable service functions.
Using various commercial analysis techniques, innovation and research of best practice, the post holder will support the Commercial Services Team delivery of its work plan by conducting in-depth investigations into areas of concern, including undertaking industry research, preparation of industry and operational analysis and identify areas of commercial improvement.
You will work directly with service managers to scope, develop and recommend initiatives directly targeted at improving the financial position of services. Effective business planning and project management skills will be essential to the role.
You must be highly motivated with excellent numeracy and written communication skills, so as to form strong networks, you will also be influential and confident in order to enthuse and motivate others.
An ability to prioritise workloads through the use of appropriate project management tools, to meet project deadlines will be essential.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23.59 on Monday 17th January 2022
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Farida Uddin on 0208 132 1027 or Farida.Uddin@enfield.gov.uk
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Wesley Pemberton on '020 8132 1425 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.