Do you recognise the below in your current role?
- Interesting and varied projects?
- Contributing to the community?
- Flexibility to manage work and life?
If not, is it time you considered a new career challenge at a progressive organisation determined to deliver for the community?
Elmbridge’s Asset Management and Property Services team (AMPS) is recruiting and we need an experienced and committed person to help us make a difference in Elmbridge; we need you!
You will be working in the Asset Management and Property Services (AMPS) team which is made up of Building Surveying, Facilities Management and Estates.
Contract management, health and safety and project management are key to the role. As our Capital Projects Surveyor, you will be responsible for delivery of a portfolio of individual building contracts and programmed works including residential conversions, office refurbishments, installation of roof-mounted solar panels and electric vehicle chargers, car park resurfacing and a condition survey programme.
As you would expect, you will ensure effective outcomes, on time, within budget and ensuring value for money in the delivery, management and monitoring of the organisation's capital delivery programme.
You will have the relevant professional qualification (e.g. MRICS, MCIOB or CEng), or technician qualification (HNC, Degree or equivalent) and you will be able to demonstrate your experience of successful project/ programme delivery including, procuring and managing capital projects in excess of £1m value per year.
You will be equally comfortable working independently as in a team, as well as being,
- committed to quality service and delivery,
- happy to ‘muck in’ where appropriate,
- and appreciative of the value of clear and timely communications.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: We know the work place has changed and we will work with you on a working pattern that suits.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
- The package: Not forgetting our excellent pension and ‘Thrive’ package of employee benefits and discounts with various local businesses.
We encourage you to read more on us (www.elmbridge.gov.uk/joinus and our LinkedIn page) and if you have any queries please give us a call.
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please call Simon Morris, 01372 474125.
Closing Date: 31 January 2022 at 09:00AM
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.