As part of our critical and ongoing ERP Improvement programme, we are looking for a full-time Unit 4 ERP system manager to join our applications team in Information Management and Technology at Wokingham Borough Council. You will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of the Business World On (BWO) system across Wokingham Borough Council
You will be working in a fast-paced and demanding environment, so it is important that you are well organised and resilient; can remain calm, focussed, and professional at all times. Customer service and stakeholder engagement is vital to the role. You will promote, enable and support service delivery through the introduction and maintenance of key technologies on the Unit 4 ERP (known as BWO) suite. You will undertake detailed analysis and diagnosis of application related issues to provide the best service to customers, including taking ownership for the relationship with Unit 4 and liaison with customer and have strong interpersonal and partnering skills, plus strong connections with other IT bodies and pro-actively sharing good practice
- Responsible for the maintenance and delivery of Unit 4 ERP application (Business World On, known as BWO), including leading on issue resolution, application upgrades and change with the need to proactively understand system or legislative change that will impact on usage
- Required to deeply understand system functionality and potential opportunities, including researching best practice and working closely with customers/3rd Party Suppliers to capitalise on technical trends and improve integrations
- Proactively engage with internal customers to grow strong collaborative relationships so that vital business driven needs are identified, understood and analysed to support continuous improvement and development of applications
- As an ‘application’ expert, work with colleagues in the IMT team to develop and regularly create, review and documentation in plain English that supports first time fix and promotes a Self-Serve approach to issue resolution for customers.
- Update, collaborate and develop Application Forward Schedule of Change
- Responsible for ensuring that application change activity transitions smoothly into business as usual support by working closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Act as technical lead on application project activity, ensuring that technical assurance is present within the project at all times
- Keep up to date on system enhancement, upgrades, configuration and customisation changes
- Point of contact between Finance, HR and Contracts and Procurement Systems Managers
- Collaborate, advise and challenge the business demand for upgrade, expansion, customisation, and major configuration changes
- Act as a member of project groups and steering board related to direct and indirect impact on BWO structure and process changes.
- Manage Supplier performance and attend contract/ bid award evaluation meeting related to BWO.
Closing date: 11pm, 30th January 2022
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received and the advert may close early, should a suitable candidate be appointed.
For more information about this role please contact Julie Teague:
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.