Job Description – Calveley Primary Academy ACE Supervising Play-worker and Assistant Play-worker.
Calveley Academy is a small rural nursery and primary school set in the beautiful countryside in Cheshire. We strongly believe in developing the whole child and our dedicated staff create a supportive, caring, happy and inspiring learning environment to enable our children to achieve their full potential and develop a love of learning.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable individual for our After School Club (ACE). We offer a dedicated and supportive team, opportunities for CPD and a wonderful group of well-mannered and fun-loving children. The hours of work are 3:15 – 5:45 Monday – Friday. Hours can be set on an individual basis (full or part time within ACE hours) – Optional extra hours during the school holiday period subject to demand.
Flexible post-sharing supervisor and play worker based predominantly at Calveley Academy, however there may also be opportunities to work at our partner school Acton Academy also.
To assist with the running of Calveley Primary Academy Wrap Around Care (ACE) facility. To maintain a safe and stimulating play environment and to assist with developing opportunities which encourage children’s social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional development through play within a safe, happy and healthy environment.
- Work closely within a team environment to ensure the provision offers a safe and stimulating play environment in which children are able to play freely and that all activities are delivered in accordance with and adhere to ACE policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children.
- To plan a variety of exciting, age appropriate activities each week.
- Liaise with parents, Calveley staff and other users of the provision.
- To assist with the planning, preparing and delivery of high quality activities, which meet children’s individual developmental needs.
- To work face to face with the children registered with the club.
- To assist in the preparation of heathy and nutritious teatime refreshments for the children.
- To follow guidelines and procedures for child protection as recommended by the registering authority.
- To adhere to the club’s confidentiality policy.
- To administer first aid as appropriate with relevant training.
- To carry out some light domestic duties.
- To attend team meetings.
- To support with general administration linked with ACE.
- To attend any relevant training.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures of the club are understood and followed.
- This post is dependant on obtaining an Enhanced DBS check and other stringent pre-employment checks.
After School Club Personal Specification
To be successful in this role, our playworkers must demonstrate adequate, applicable vocational training, experience, abilities and skills that are essential and or desirable and are in keeping with the requirements of the role. The ideal candidate must be professional, approachable, punctual, reliable and a team player.
Education & Qualifications
A good standard of general education.
Possess desirable vocational training and qualifications in Child Protection, Food Hygiene, Childcare and First Aid.
NVQ level 2 in childcare qualification or equivalent.
Experience of working with school age children and an understanding of play and child development and the ability to meet children’s individual needs.
Experience of working with school age children in a play setting.
Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Demonstrate adaptability to the environment and flexibility and keenness to work within all areas of the provision and with children of different age ranges.
How to Apply
Please complete the application form found on our website: calveleyprimary.cheshire.sch.uk