Exciting opportunity to work on the national Work and Health Programme – supporting individuals back into work, training and/or self-employment
We are looking for committed, experienced and qualified Key Workers (Employment Advisors) to work within the Council’s Employment, Learning and Skills division. The successful candidate will provide quality information, advice and guidance to unemployed Halton residents and be able to demonstrate experience of working within a similar role or have the transferable skills outlined within the specification. Experience of providing advice/guidance in another similar sector may be considered if clear examples of transferable skills can be provided within the completed application i.e. health, housing, benefits.
Working under the direction of the one of the Work and Health Programme Team Leader, the postholders will provide a bespoke employment support service for individuals that have health conditions or disabilities that have accessed the service on a voluntary basis. Applicants must be able to demonstrate their ability to be able to assist individuals in seeking, obtaining and sustaining employment.
You will be required to use your own initiative to manage a diverse caseload of adults and take responsibility for maximising the turnover of individual appointments to ensure participants are fully supported and that efficiencies and income generation are maximised. By supporting individuals face to face for fifteen months you will ensure they take steps to progress towards their employment goals and see the positive results when they move into work by determining a bespoke package of support with them.
You will be required to develop personal knowledge of CV writing styles and effective interview preparation techniques.
You will need to demonstrate knowledge or the ability to understand specialist organisations and their functions both within and outside of the borough to support and signpost/refer adults to appropriate support e.g. addictions, debt advice, business start-up, etc. and ensure that their details are kept up to date on the CRM and bespoke IT systems.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive Salary of £22,183 - £24,491
- A full training and development package. You will be actively supported and encouraged to build on your skills and knowledge to maximise the opportunities that working for the Council has to offer.
- Annual leave entitlement varies according to length of service and ranges from 25 days to 33 days per year, in addition to eight bank holidays.
- Access to a generous pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme, administered by Cheshire Pension Fund). For full details, see cheshirepensionfund.org.uk
- A range of additional staff benefits including car lease scheme, Child Care Vouchers and discounts at a number of local/national businesses.
- Free parking
To apply: Application packs available online at https://webapp.halton.gov.uk/JobVac/
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Lynsey Carr 0151 511 7547 or Ashley Smith 0151 511 6893.
Previous candidates need not apply.
Interviews will be held week commencing 7th February 2022.