Could you be a practice role model for Social Workers? Can you lead by example? Can you work on complex cases? We are looking for an Advanced Practitioner who is tenacious; enthusiastic and supportive, to work with a small team of likeminded professionals, children with disabilities and provide support to their families.
- Trained to level 5 in a Children’s Services Professional Qualification, e.g. qualified Social Worker - DIPSW/BASW/CQSW
- Evidence of leadership and management training
- Extensive post-qualifying experience within Children’s Social Care and able to manage a full and varied caseload
- Experience of working with disabled children in a variety of childcare or education settings
- Experience of supervising practitioners or case officers in an education, social care or early help context
- Experience of operational deputyship in the absence of management and providing strategic direction
- DoLs experience would be desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
About the role…
The Advanced Practitioner, Children with Disabilities will:
- support and assist with the development of the CWD and SEND service
- provide professional leadership for complex case arrangements using the Signs of Safety practice model
- work in collaboration with practitioners in SEND and Early Help and transition planning with Adult Social Care
Why work for us?...
We’re different. We are Rutland!
Your skills and experience can make a significant difference to both your team members and children and families. At Rutland there really is work life balance. We offer manageable caseloads, learning events, management training, and regular reflective supervision to focus on you. We encourage continually improving practice to ensure children’s interests are always protected and promoted.
The Advanced Practitioner, Children with Disabilities post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). To support you further, your SWE registration and DBS costs are covered by us.
The Advanced Practitioner, Children with Disabilities position has been identified as needing to comply with the mandatory vaccination’s legislation. If you are the successful candidate, you will need to provide evidence that you have received both first and second dose vaccinations or evidence of medical exemption.
Advanced Practitioner, Children with Disabilities interviews will be held in February 2022. Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
Rutland County Council encourages a healthy work life balance, and we welcome discussions regarding flexible working.
Find out more:
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Darrell Griffin, Service Manager on 01572 758228 or at email@example.com
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process, please call us on 01572 758428 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply for this role click on the ‘Apply Online’ button below. If you already have a JGP account you will be asked to login, or alternatively if you don’t have an account you will be guided through the set up process.
Access to an account is necessary as all updates regarding your application will be sent via the JGP site to the email you have registered.
Once you have access to your JGP account you will be able to complete the application form in stages, saving and amending it until you are happy to the submit your completed application. You should use the Personal Statement section to demonstrate how you meet the requirements set out in the role profile attached.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at email@example.com