1:1 SEN Learning support assistant
Bollington Cross CE Primary School are currently looking for 1:1 Learning Support Assistant to join our team to help support students with Special Needs in the KS1.
This will be full time on a Temporary Basis until August 31st 2022 (this is expected to be extended)
You will need:
· Effective communication with staff and parents
· Knowledge of 4 key areas of difference of Autism and experience of supporting a child with Autism
· The ability to Support with SEN Planning and EHCP targets - using advice from colleagues/outside agencies.
Your main responsibilities:
· Working with the individual child or a small group under the direction of the teaching staff.
· Establish positive relationships with the pupil supported.
· Implement planned learning objectives/teaching programmes as agreed with the class teacher, adjusting activities according to the pupil’s response.
· Support the pupil with activities which support Literacy and Numeracy skills.
· Promote positive pupil behaviour in line with school policies and help keep pupils on task.
· Interact with and support the pupil, according to individual needs and skills.
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of the child with special needs within the classroom, ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources.
· Assist with the delivery of Individual Education Programmes as required.
· Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour.
· Monitor and record pupil activities as appropriate, writing records and reports as required.
· Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress, under the guidance of the teacher.
· Attend termly review meetings to provide feedback on the pupil supported.
· To support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher.
· Opportunities for training and development, to support you in progressing your skills and expertise
· A fantastic and supportive teaching team to be part of and an amazing school cohort of children, who are rewarding to work with.
Closing date- 21st January 2022
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty