At Hammersmith & Fulham, we are ambitious in reforming the council to ensure this is a place for everybody. Within the Resources department, our ambition is to be 'ruthlessly financially efficient' in everything that we do, to ensure that our residents and services are receiving the best value for money whilst challenging old-fashioned thinking, unfairness and removing waste where possible.
Do you have what it takes to help spearhead the delivery of our newly revamped Digital service?
Following a recent service redesign, Digital services has a number of exciting opportunities to join our high-performing team. Roles exist in Strategy, Applications & systems, Network & telephony, and Information management and security.
We want to deliver the digital and information services our residents and colleagues deserve, and we are looking to work with like-minded people who are passionate and committed to enabling public service transformation through technology, whilst ensuring the delivery of a seamless and effective operational IT service. Each team member is a key contributor to the successful delivery of our objectives and activities.
This is an exciting and challenging time to join H&F as we face an unprecedented level of technology enabled business change and transformation that Digital services will be at the forefront in supporting. Upcoming programmes include transformation of our infrastructure and IT equipment to enable new ways of working, to technically enabling the complete transformation of the way that residents access our services.
Together, you’ll help us deliver the council's priorities through the innovative provision of digital and information services.
Lead for H&F in all aspects of SharePoint development and administration and our migration of content to Viva. A key role within a small team focused on M365, set policies, guide stakeholders, share skills and learn from colleagues to ensure H&F gain maximum benefit from all that SharePoint, Viva and the all the M365 platform offers.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, able to communicate effectively at every level, and driven to challenge themselves and us as an organisation to be the best we can be.
If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
The role responsibilities are:
- Develop SharePoint, Viva and other M365 opportunities arising from referrals made to the team.
- Advise on configuration, security administration and Governance of M365 apps such as OneDrive for business, SharePoint Online, Teams and Viva.
- SharePoint Requirements Definition - Work closely with colleagues to establish requirements and specify these suitably for development.
- Technical management of the council’s SharePoint intranet portal.
- Create SharePoint sites including publishing, document centres and enterprise search sites.
- Develop and maintain M365 systems documentation for the continuing support of the platform. capabilities.
- Coach colleagues to build capacity rather than dependency.
Contact details for an informal discussion: William O’Connell, Head of Applications and Systems on 020 8753 4517 or via email at email@example.com
Closing date: 04 January 2022
Interview date: Week Commencing 17 January 2022