At Hammersmith & Fulham, we are ambitious in reforming the council to ensure this is a place for everybody. Within the Resources department, our ambition is to be 'ruthlessly financially efficient' in everything that we do, to ensure that our residents and services are receiving the best value for money whilst challenging old-fashioned thinking, unfairness and removing waste where possible.
Do you have what it takes to help spearhead the delivery of our newly revamped Digital service?
Following a recent service redesign, Digital services has a number of exciting opportunities to join our high-performing team. Roles exist in Strategy, Applications & systems, Network & telephony, and Information management and security.
We want to deliver the digital and information services our residents and colleagues deserve, and we are looking to work with like-minded people who are passionate and committed to enabling public service transformation through technology, whilst ensuring the delivery of a seamless and effective operational IT service. Each team member is a key contributor to the successful delivery of our objectives and activities.
This is an exciting and challenging time to join H&F as we face an unprecedented level of technology enabled business change and transformation that Digital services will be at the forefront in supporting. Upcoming programmes include transformation of our infrastructure and IT equipment to enable new ways of working, to technically enabling the complete transformation of the way that residents access our services.
Together, you’ll help us deliver the council's priorities through the innovative provision of digital and information services.
Reporting to the Head of Digital strategy, the Technology adoption manager will lead a small team to drive up the successful use and adoption of new corporate technologies across the Council and ensure that all our users are able to access H&F systems and equipment.
With expert knowledge of existing and emerging technologies, particularly the Microsoft 365 product suite, you will be a versatile and engaging educator who is passionate about helping others to develop the knowledge they need to become confident users of our corporate technologies.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, able to communicate effectively at every level, and driven to challenge themselves and us as an organisation to be the best we can be.
If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments in areas of interest to the council by reading relevant academic research, learned publications and suppliers' information, attending conferences and seminars, and through direct contacts with strategic partners and other information sources.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies to include Accessibility to ensure systems support all users as defined by legislation, specifically Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Identify and investigate specific technologies, products, methods and techniques possibly with strategic partners and peer authorities to assess their potential benefit to the organisation and role in the Digital strategy.
- Develop strategies to embed technology adoption across the Council, and develop methodologies to evidence improvement.
- Responsible for the virtual Tech-bar providing a user-facing service to improve the digital confidence of our workforce, working with other teams and third parties to enhance the capabilities of the Tech-bar.
Contact details for an informal discussion: Tina Akpogheneta, Strategy Lead, on 02087 535748 or via email Tina.Akpogheneta@lbhf.gov.uk
Closing date: 4 January 2022
Interview date: 19 January 2022