Do you want to be part of a dynamic frontline service and take a lead in shaping a positive future for Birmingham’s children and young people?
Through the multi-agency Children’s First Project, our Disability Children’s Social Care Team are launching a brand new team called the Complex and Enduring Mental Health team who will work with our most complex young people at risk being detained under the Mental Health Act, supporting them in the community to prevent hospital admission or working to support them on discharge.
We are listening and engaging with our communities and our workforce. As a result, we are implementing new delivery models, with community and local partnership working strengthening our offer.
We would like forward thinking social work professionals to join our service to safeguard and protect our children and young people in Birmingham. You will be a key part in the development and success of this new service.
The work is varied and challenging and encompasses work with children in need to those children in care and everything in between. You will work with children and young people either in Tier 4 Mental Health provision or at risk of admission.
Take time to listen to our new podcast for more information about Children First:
Alison Montgomery, DCSC Assistant Director is excited about the new team and says ‘We want like-minded passionate social work professionals to join us in our strategic view and mission to be an integral fully involved crucial service to improving all children and young people’s lives in our social work practice. I am dedicated to leading and directing our service as a fundamental core of the overall Trust’s overarching improvement plan’.
- You will be an experienced safeguarding led Senior Practitioner
- You will have a background in child and adolescent complex mental health or have the passion and desire to develop these specialist skills, that can support a culture of excellence and good practice in an inclusive environment.
- You will have extensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and other relevant legislation and have significant understanding and awareness of mental health and emerging developments.
- You will have a proven track record in Safeguarding and can undertake complex case management and exceptional quality assessments and service delivery in a timely accurate manner, with a relationship-based child centered approach.
- You will be confident to implement, and case manage creative social work strategies to provide consistent high service delivery and the best possible outcomes
- You will have a forward-thinking vision and be dynamic in your approach and social work practice
- Be prepared to fully safeguard and support the child, young person and their families/carers consistently and over sometimes a long period, be dedicated to improving their lives
- Be an effective team player, to be able to mentor and support newly qualified social workers, students and family support workers
- You will be supportive in your approach and promote a strong team environment with a mixed ability social work team and be able to adeptly cover your Team Manager during their absence and leave periods.
- You will be able to form, develop and maintain strong professional internal and external relationships and engage in multi-agency partnership working with education and health, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills on all levels.
We can offer you……
- Guaranteed low caseloads, with a maximum of 8 children at any one time
- Bespoke training and development package to support high quality practice
- Career development opportunities
- Fully supportive and stable highly experienced management team with specialist DCSC skills and knowledge
- Hybrid remote working model, maximum 2 days per week in office
About Us…..why we are different as a Trust….
We know and understand that being a social worker is hard work and challenging at times, that’s why we reward you with a very attractive employment offer.
Alongside regular supervision, access to training and shared learning, 24/7 mental health and well-being support, you will receive wider range of financial and holistic benefits available including:
- Attractive pension (19.4% employer’s contribution)
- Generous annual leave package with 29 days leave plus bank holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years’ service and 34 days after 10 years’ service
- £3000 ‘Golden hello’ welcome payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- £2400 per year Retention payment from day 1 of joining (T’s and C’s apply)
- Up to £8000 Relocation payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- Car Leasing Scheme
To find out more click Here
If you would like to be part of our passionate and dedicated social work team and are committed to continuous improvement, then don’t hesitate and apply today.
For informal enquiries or more information about this role and the new team, please contact :
Claire Owen, DCSC Head of Service –Claire.email@example.com or
Lisa Hampton firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note there is a pay award pending.