Do you want to lead a dynamic frontline service and take a lead in shaping a positive future for Birmingham’s children and young people?
Through the multi-agency Children’s First Project, our Disability Children’s Social Care team we are launching a brand new team called Complex and Enduring.
We are listening and engaging with our communities and our workforce. As a result, we are implementing new delivery models, with community and local partnership working strengthening our offer.
We would like a passionate experienced Team Manager to lead and deliver our new service to safeguard and protect our children and young people in Birmingham. You will be pinnacle to the development and success of the new service.
The work is varied and challenging and encompasses work with children in need to those children in care and everything in between. You will work with children and young people either in Tier 4 Mental Health provision or at risk of admission.
Take time to listen to our new podcast for more information about Children First:
Alison Montgomery, DCSC Assistant Director is excited about the new team and says ‘We want like-minded passionate social work professionals to join us in our strategic view and mission to be an integral fully involved crucial service to improving all children and young people’s lives in our social work practice. I am dedicated to leading and directing our service as a fundamental core of the overall Trust’s overarching improvement plan’.
- You will be a qualified social worker with active SWE registration.
- You will be an experienced children’s safeguarding led Team Manager.
- You will have a background in child and adolescent complex mental health with expert knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and other relevant legislation.
- You will have significant understanding and awareness of mental health and emerging developments.
- You will have a proven track record in safeguarding, who can lead a diverse social work team and deliver exceptional consistent high-quality performance and service delivery in a timely accurate manner, with a relationship based child centered approach.
- You will be confident to implement change, implementing creative social work strategies to provide the best possible outcomes.
- You will have a forward-thinking vision and be dynamic in your social work management and practice, leading and driving forward a culture of excellence.
- Be an effective leader, to be able to mentor and support your team including, newly qualified social workers, students and family support workers and promote a strong inclusive team environment.
- You will be able to form, develop and maintain strong professional internal and external relationships and engage in multi-agency partnership working with education and health, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills on all levels.
We can offer you……
- Bespoke training and development package to support high quality practice
- Career development opportunities
- Fully supportive and stable highly experienced management team with specialist DCSC skills and knowledge
- Hybrid remote working model, maximum 2 days per week in office
About Us…..why we are different as a Trust….
We know and understand that the world of social work is hard work and challenging at times, that’s why we reward you with a very attractive employment offer.
Alongside regular supervision, access to training and shared learning, 24/7 mental health and well-being support, you will receive wider range of financial and holistic benefits available including:
- Attractive pension (19.4% employer’s contribution)
- Generous annual leave package with 29 days leave plus bank holidays, rising to 32 days after5 year’s service and 34 days after 10 year’s service
- £2400 per year Retention payment from day 1 of joining (T's and C's will apply)
- Up to £8000 Relocation payment (T's and C's will apply)
- Honorarium payments will be applied where applicable
- Car Leasing Scheme
To find out more click Here
If you would like to be part of our passionate and dedicated social work team and are committed to continuous improvement, then don’t hesitate and apply today.
For informal enquiries or more information about this role and the new team, please contact :
Claire Owen, DCSC Head of Service – Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org or ;
Lisa Hampton, DCSC, email@example.com
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form.