Business Manager Scale: I (31-35) JE number = A4839
Job Details - Required from Spring 2022
Full Time, Permanent
Term Time plus 2 weeks (including INSET days) to be agreed with the Headteacher
Sefton Council, Bootle, Merseyside, Salary: £34,728 - £38,890 pro rata
We are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager who is passionate about making a difference for our children.
The successful applicant will be forward-thinking, hardworking and able to build on the achievements of our school, driving forward further key improvements.
The post will be an interesting, varied and an exciting balance of managing the school’s finance, administration and HR systems, alongside overseeing Health and Safety and developing the ICT infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Senior Leadership, with key line management responsibilities.
To be successful, you will need:
- A proven track record in leading successful teams;
- Financial and HR experience as well as management of areas including Premises, Health and Safety, Administration and ICT;
- To manage your own time and workload effectively and have good problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail;
- A recognised qualification or a willingness to work towards a qualification e.g. Level 4 Diploma in School Business Management (formerly CSBM) Level 5 Diploma in School Business Management (formerly DSBM);
- The ability to operate strategically, lead, value, inspire and motivate others as well as demonstrate flexibility, teamwork and have a commitment to the school values and mission statement;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with different stakeholders and external partners;
- The courage and desire to review working practices and seek to deliver change;
- Resilience, creativity, compassion and humour;
- An ability to embrace new challenges and the energy, drive, resilience, talent and determination to make a real difference for our children.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Local Authority Pension Scheme
If you are interested in this role we would love to hear from you. Please contact the school to speak to the Headteacher, Ruth Braithwaite, or to arrange a showround.
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 28th January 2022