Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time, Part-time, Term-time only
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: 9am Thursday 09 December 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 15 December 2021
Starting date: As soon as possible
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Cavendish School
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
COVER SUPERVISOR – CAVENDISH SCHOOL – PRIMARY PHASE
32.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
39 weeks term time incl INSET days
Single Status Grade 4 Points 9-10, Salary £18,933 - £19,312 pro rata
Actual Pay £14,304 - £14,590
NB: we advise applying promptly for this post as we reserve the right to close and interview early if sufficient suitable applications have been received.
We are looking to appoint a Cover Supervisor with an interest in supporting pupils’ learning in our Primary Phase.
The Head of Phase is looking for highly motivated, committed professionals who are passionate and enthusiastic to join in the continued development and success of our exciting all-through status. If you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm this could be the perfect role for you.
This school offers:
- A permanent Cover Supervisor role
- A strong and visionary leadership
- To be part of a vibrant community
- To be part of an exciting new environment in our all-through campus
- A grading of ‘good’ by Ofsted (Outstanding for EYFS), 2018
- Excellent CPD opportunities for all levels and interests
- Staff Wellbeing: a genuine focus on staff wellbeing
- Pupils who are motivated and keen to learn
The ideal candidate will:
- Inspire, challenge and motivate our pupils
- Establish and maintain high standards
- Bring the curriculum alive through inspirational learnin
- Have the ability to think outside of the box
- Believe in creating strong, positive relationships with the children, developing them personally, socially, emotionally and academically.
- Have a commitment to personal and professional development
- Be a team player who is supportive of colleagues
The job role consists of:
- To have an oversight of learning whilst providing whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher.
- To work within the team of Cover Supervisors and liaise with all staff as appropriate.
- To manage the learning environment and resources.
- Undertake whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher
- The role will be primarily focused in the primary phase, however there will be occasions when you will be asked to cover secondary phase lessons.
Please download the application form and further details from our website.
https://www.cavendishtrust.co.uk/vacancies - under Cavendish School
We look forward to receiving your application by e-mail, for the attention of Mrs Angela Hayden, HR Manager / PA to the Headteacher. email@example.com
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-check-applicant-criminal-record. We give high priority to promoting diversity throughout the school.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.