Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: Until 31 August 2022
Closing date: Wednesday 08 December 2021
Interview date: Week beginning Monday 13 December 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Teacher of PE with Maths or Science - Seahaven Academy, Newhaven, East Sussex
Salary: United Learning Pay Scale (higher than equivalent scale in the maintained sector)
Contract: Fixed term until August 2022
Hours: Full time
About the School
At Seahaven Academy we are a very proud community: we are a ‘good’ school with a track record of strong outcomes, really big ambitions and incredibly high standards. We whole-heartedly believe in the United Learning motto: ‘the best in everyone’. We are values-driven and our vision is to provide excellent education so that all young people are able to make a success of their lives. We are unapologetically ambitious for every child, no matter what their background, prior attainment or needs. We also believe in ‘Education with Character’ – we want young people to look back on a schooling that has inspired and challenged them, given them wide opportunity and prepared them for ups and downs of life.
The strength of relationships between students and staff is second to none, so add to this a vibrant atmosphere, a stunning cliff-top location and excellent facilities and you will see why we feel so strongly about our academy.
Visits to the school are welcomed please contact the Senior Support Manager, Vicki Bowes at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
For January 2022, we are looking to appoint an inspirational and innovative Teacher who can teach PE with Maths or Science. You will teach across the ability range at KS3 and KS4.
Our staff are committed to honing their skills through coaching, Teaching and Learning communities and using evidence-based approaches to create expert lessons. We believe that ‘Knowledge is Power’. We are currently using the Rosenshine principles and Teach Like A Champion to underpin our professional development and teaching through explicit/direct instruction.
The successful candidate can be sure of working with a team of extremely dedicated staff in a very motivating, forward-thinking environment. The school is committed to providing exceptional CPD at all levels including programmes for ECTs, recently qualified teachers and middle leaders.
The successful candidates must...
- Passionately believe that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs. Someone that does not make excuses for what children can achieve
- Have the highest expectations and standards
- Enthuse students with a passion for their subject and inspire them to achieve the best they can
- Be flexible and resilient with an unrelenting ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to support and challenge whilst maintaining great relationships with both staff and students
- Be committed to personal and professional development
We will offer you...
- An unrivalled opportunity to make a difference to a school and its community
- The opportunity to work with the fastest growing academy group in the country
- A comprehensive CPD programme both through the school and through wider opportunities within United Learning
- Excellent links with colleagues in local schools, the Local Authority and external agencies
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm-strict’ behaviour system
- Collaborative planning with centralized, shared units of work and resources
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – no onerous marking policies
- A great working environment with high staff morale and a strong sense of community
- Staff wellbeing supported with an Employee Assistance Programme available to all staff and Mental Health First Aid trained on site staff
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox and other rewards visit United Learning Careers > Why United Learning?
How to apply
Please go to http://www.seahavenacademy.org.uk/Staff/Vacancies and view our Job Pack for further information. PLEASE NOTE CV’s ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS THE ONLY MEANS OF APPLICATION. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Diversity and Inclusion
Seahaven Academy uses the Rooney Rule as part of the recruitment process, please see the job pack for further information.
Seahaven Academy is part of United Learning, which is a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
Seahaven Academy is an equal opportunities employer committed to ensuring continuing professional development for staff, we take rigorous measures to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and two satisfactory references.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.