Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 07 January 2022
Interview date: Week beginning Monday 17 January 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Eastbourne Academy
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Teacher of Science - The Eastbourne Academy
We want to appoint teachers of the highest calibre and realise that we also have to offer a competitive package. Additionally, therefore, we can offer enhancements of up to £5,000.00 on an annual basis for English, Mathematics and Science, depending on expertise and experience.
We are an exceptionally friendly and supportive staff group, and we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Science to share their passion for the subject, to join the largest department in the school.
This position would suit an experienced or newly qualified teacher.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Can provide outstanding quality learning and teaching in the Science department, modelling excellence in the classroom
- Can demonstrate creativity and flair in the classroom
- Can enthuse and motivate students
- Can make a positive contribution to the Science department and its students
- Has the vision and energy required to impact on the continuous process of raising attainment in the Science department
- Has a belief in the value and talents of all students
- Has a passion for Science with a keen interest in STEM
- Has a commitment to achieve excellence for all
- Has a thorough knowledge and understanding of ICT, with a proven record of using ICT to enhance teaching and learning in the classroom
- Are committed to all learners whatever their background
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Mrs Lianne Boorman at the school for an informal discussion regarding the post or, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01323 514900.
Completed applications should be sent to Mrs Melanie Hopkins, Headteacher’s PA & HR Liaison, email@example.com or by post to The Eastbourne Academy, Brodrick Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN22 9RQ.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01795 426091 (option 2)
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.