The GIS Team are responsible for the management of the HCC Corporate GIS infrastructure for use by staff, partners and the public. The challenges set by the HCC GIS Strategy are to:
- Better inform service development and delivery to optimise outcomes for service users
- Enable GIS “self-service”
- Establish a centre of GIS expertise
- Improve resilience and efficiency
- Provide the most appropriate tools to service users
- Ensure the authority can take advantage of rapidly evolving GIS technology developments
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the unit to support the development and ongoing management of the Hertfordshire County Council Enterprise deployment of the ESRI suite, providing GIS expertise, analysis and technical support for web and desktop applications to the user base.
The successful candidate should be an experienced user of ArcGIS desktop software. They will also have some experience of maintaining geospatial datasets in relational databases. Ideally, they will have studied GIS or a related subject, as well as having some web application skills or experience of providing support to other GIS users. The successful candidate will work well in a team or with other professionals, be organised, and be able to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy. They will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and professional with the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
In return, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits including:
- Generous pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Salary exchange schemes e.g. Annual leave/Car and Season ticket loans/Cycle to work
- Wellbeing discounts and advice
- Retail discounts
For an informal discussion on the role, please contact Sally Edwards on 01992 556043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 19th December 2021
Interview date: 29th – 31st December 2021 and 5th - 6th January 2022
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.