FIXED TERM 18 Months: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £7.40 per hour
We have a vacancy for an apprentice within our Building Maintenance Service. The main trade we are looking to recruit for is masonry. These apprenticeships are aimed at motivated candidates at the start of their career looking to develop the knowledge and skills needed to become a professional tradesperson.
The successful candidate’s will attend PETROC College on day release to undertake the Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship which is recognised by the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM). As an Apprentice you will cover the following topics at college and continue to learn and put into practice while on the job –
- working safely at heights
- carrying out repairs to a building
- maintaining plumbing and drainage systems
- maintaining electrical distribution in a building
- maintaining plant, safety systems and equipment
- energy, environment and sustainability practices
- maintaining the outside of a building
- using specialist tools and equipment to carry out repairs
- health and safety compliance.
Candidates will ideally have four GCSEs at Grade 4 or above to include maths and English but not a necessity and can be completed alongside the Apprenticeship. An enthusiasm for their chosen trade and a willingness to learn are essential.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Rosie Wills on firstname.lastname@example.org